5 Gorgeous Pool Deck Designs and Ideas to
Inspire Your Backyard Oasis
Your backyard area can be positively or negatively affected by the state of your pool deck! Your pool deck area should be a place where you, friends, family, neighbors, and guests alike all make memories together. If your pool deck is rough, hot, falling apart, or simply not what you want, the rest of the appearance and appeal of your home will suffer. So, what different types of materials and styles should you consider for your pool deck?
Concrete Pool Deck
This is a popular option for this area of your home because it is long-lasting and affordable. These pool decks are quick to install and easy to design, there are a different color and design options available. When you resurface a concrete pool deck or install one from scratch, different design opportunities allow you to install a deck that appears to be one material but has the durability of concrete.
- Stamped concrete can resemble stone, tile, or brick surfaces while having the endurance of concrete
- Concrete can be coated to be slip and heat-resistant
- You can have a textured finish that will add subtle décor
Wood Pool Deck
Wood is popular for pool deck installations because it creates such a beautiful and natural appearance. Even though you’re in your backyard, you want to feel like you’re out somewhere else, and wood provides a small sense of adventure with the texture and appearance of the forest. A wood deck can be built around any outside areas, regardless of how obscure they may be, which makes them great for all homes and pools.
- Wood decks require extensive amounts of preventative measures
- They are not cheap to work with long-term
- They can stain and damage easily
Stone Pool Deck
This is a stylish option for many backyard pools because the climate has little effect on the stones ability to resist damage. Stones are available in different colors, shapes, and sizes. Stone, like concrete, has low to no maintenance requirements, so there will not be hidden expenses down the road.
- Stone is extremely durable and long-lasting
- It is the most expensive pool deck design option, but it does not require expensive maintenance measures
- It is naturally slip-resistant.
This is another popular option once a concrete pool deck has been resurfaced because pavers are safe and affordable. Pool deck pavers are known for their durability and slip-resistant qualities, making them popular among households with young children. There are plenty of design opportunities with pavers to reflect your personality and style.
- Pavers are less expensive than stone and can be installed to mimic stones appearance
- These installations can be repaired one by one, meaning, paver repairing doesn’t require the entire surface to be out of commission
- Pavers can be made of stone or concrete
Tile Pool Deck
If you want a precise, clean, and elegant look in one go then a tile pool deck would suit you best. With clean straight lines, predictable results, and common colors, it is okay to want your pool deck to be simple and chic. Some tiles can resemble other decking materials, so you aren’t limited to one color or style spectrum.
- Tiles are quick and easy to install
- This is an easy way to renovate an entire pool deck
- There are different shapes, sizes, and colors for pool tiles