Cheap Flooring Ideas: Attractive and Inexpensive
Alternatives to Hardwood
Laying new flooring isn’t always a choice but you do not have to install floors that will be breaking your bank account either! There are affordable and long-lasting ways to brighten up your interior floors without emptying your savings account. Opt for the following flooring materials and get a much better bang for your buck!
Bamboo is a great option for a household that wants to make a much more environmentally friendly choice! Let’s face it, wood has been overused and our trees are suffering for it. Bamboo generates quicker and is much more resilient, it’s a no brainer that this should be used instead of wood!
- Your floors will be easy to clean
- Quickly installed
- Truly individualize your home
- Pricing around $4 per square foot
What better way to get the wood floor look than to install a copy of it? That is what you get here! You will have flooring that is not only identical to wood but an affordable alternative that mimics wood through and through! These floors are quite easy to clean and last much longer than a wood floor would anyways!
- Pricing between 50 cents to $5 per square foot
- Extremely cheap in installation but highly affordable
- Very resistant to water and is great in high moisture areas
If your home or space is lacking personality, cork flooring is what you’re looking for! These materials can be sustainably harvested and add some texture and color to your home. This flooring is great for areas that you stand in for long periods and any home or space you need better insulation in!
- Very cushiony for standing
- Resistant to insects, mold, and mildew
- It is a noise-reducing floor
- Price ranges between $2 and $4
In recent years concrete has been in high demand for interior designs in homes and commercial areas! This is because concrete floors are strong and durable surfaces that can handle varying amounts of abuse and foot-traffic. This is the new “modern, clean, and urban feel” according to Fies.
- They are incredibly durable and affordable
- Prices range between $2-$6
- Extremely low-maintenance
This flooring has been used for its many benefits but the main one being, it can be installed to look like wood. Laminate is strong and long-lasting because it is resistant to common issue causing situations for wood.
- Resistant to moisture and stains
- Great for high-traffic areas
- Popular for bathrooms, kitchens, and hallways