Flooring Made Affordable
Are you looking for a flooring system that offers the high-class look with the performance that would put polished concrete to shame? While there are garage flooring options like stamped concrete, heavy-duty carpet, and interlocking tiles, none of these flooring systems can provide the benefits and appeal like a garage floor epoxy can. Where contractors will try to sell you epoxy paint, there is nothing like the real deal. So, let’s talk a little more about this luxury garage flooring system down below:
The Affordability Of Garage Epoxy
Contrary to popular belief, garage floor epoxies are one of the most affordable garage floor coatings on the market and that is why so many commercial garages, automotive showrooms, and even aviation hangars use this coating. Do you want to know just how affordable the different types of epoxy are? Well down below, you will find that we have outlined the average costs of the most popular garage floor epoxies:
- Standard garage epoxies start at 2-5 dollars a square foot
- Flaked garage epoxies start at 5 dollars a square foot
- Metallic garage epoxies begin at 10-12 dollars a square foot
- Logos can be implemented at around 25-50 dollars each
Customizing Your Garage Epoxy
An overlooked benefit of epoxy flooring is that it is one of the most customizable flooring systems on the market. If we take a look back a mere decade ago, the misconception that epoxy is a commercial based flooring system would be true but today, epoxy can be customized to the heart’s extent. Down below, you will find what you stand to gain from using epoxy flooring in your garage:
- A nearly endless selection of base colors
- The option to use multi-colored or single-colored flakes with unlimited configuration
- The ability to use the ever beautiful metallic epoxy flooring system.
- There are even ways to implement logos and text into your garage floor
- Silica sand additives to give the epoxy texture, making it safer to walk on when wet.
Benefits Of Using Garage Epoxy
Have you ever wondered why so many homes and businesses are adopting garage floor epoxy? Well, it’s probably because all of the benefits this concrete coating can provide. Since the late 1920s, epoxy flooring has been the go-to flooring system for thousands of home and business owners so down below you will find a few of the benefits that gave epoxy popularity:
- Protection against most forms of physical damage
- Carefree and simplistic maintenance
- Can be installed in 2-3 days minimum
- Superior chemical and stain resistance
- Resistance to waterborne bacteria like mold and mildew
- Seamless and nonporous finish for increased safety
- Is 10 times stronger than traditional concrete flooring.
Investing With Garage Floor Epoxy
So after seeing what epoxy flooring can do physically, what else does it have to offer? Well, the final benefit of this floor coating we are going to be covering today is the investment factors epoxy brings to the table. Home and business owners alike have something to gain from using garage floor epoxy and down below, you can find exactly what:
- Increase the value of your home up to 5%
- Help your concrete last 2-3 times longer
- Epoxies can last 20-30 years
- Epoxy is not attractive to all
- Will be hard to replace or remove
- Will always end up cracking
When you look at epoxy flooring from a home or business owner standpoint, you will find at the end of the day there is no better flooring system you can trust to perform for your garage. No matter what coating you decide to go with in the future, we will give you our best wishes on all of your renovation projects to come!